The course that includes both theoretical and operating elements, provides the knowledge base about strategic management of tourism firms. The main objective is learning and applying processes and models and providing operating tools for support the strategic management of tourism firms.
At the end of the course, the student will attain (learning outcomes):
(1) Knowledge and understanding: basic knowledge about the formulation, the implementation and the control of a strategy, as well as the main strategic operating models and tools for leading the strategic making process of tourism firms.
(2) Ability to apply knowledge and understanding: students will be able to autonomously apply the main strategic models and tools in analyzing empirical cases.
(3) Ability to make judgments: the course allows students to develop the ability to accurately understand strategic theories and models, to analyze the firm’s environments, both internal and external, and to recognize the proper strategic tools to create value.
(4) Communication skills: the student will be able to use the technical and appropriate language.
(5) Learning skills: the course is aimed to develop specific competences and skills capable to support the strategic management of a firm.